Babelfishing Poetry: "Hamlet Thunder Special"
Babelfishing Poetry: "Hamlet Thunder Special"
Winter has returned, albeit in a half-hearted way, this week, with cool temperatures and overcast skies but no significant rain, so our prolonged drought continues to worsen. Since it's Friday I'll take a break from watching the skies for harbingers of rain to present some more Babelfishing poetry, where I take song lyrics, run them through an on-line translator such as (but not necessarily) Babelfish, randomize the punctuation a bit, and wind up with a quirky kind of poem.
This week's song, chosen at random, is Jiles Perry a.k.a The Big Bopper's "Chantilly Lace" (listen to the original song here, or listen to Ivor Biggun's unsyncopated Cockney novelty version of the song here). Enjoy.
Hamlet Thunder Special
Oppa Sim?
Yes, he is a good defender
while illegally in Victua.
I'm sorry.
What shall I do?
It's okay.
Love is cheap.
He will come straight away.
When you walk,
laugh at the story.
He wears everyone's sharp ends.
If you play the role of praising the world, then the world deserves praise
of his eyes,
whose eyes fell into his eyes.
And how to be satisfied?
Hamlet Thunder Special.
I heard that in dying.
I did, sir.
What think'st thou,
hearing on the ground and sky conditions?
But no, it happened.
I like to pay nothing.
One hectare.
And I know someone who loves him.
.
Winter has returned, albeit in a half-hearted way, this week, with cool temperatures and overcast skies but no significant rain, so our prolonged drought continues to worsen. Since it's Friday I'll take a break from watching the skies for harbingers of rain to present some more Babelfishing poetry, where I take song lyrics, run them through an on-line translator such as (but not necessarily) Babelfish, randomize the punctuation a bit, and wind up with a quirky kind of poem.
This week's song, chosen at random, is Jiles Perry a.k.a The Big Bopper's "Chantilly Lace" (listen to the original song here, or listen to Ivor Biggun's unsyncopated Cockney novelty version of the song here). Enjoy.

Hamlet Thunder Special
Oppa Sim?
Yes, he is a good defender
while illegally in Victua.
I'm sorry.
What shall I do?
It's okay.
Love is cheap.
He will come straight away.
When you walk,
laugh at the story.
He wears everyone's sharp ends.
If you play the role of praising the world, then the world deserves praise
of his eyes,
whose eyes fell into his eyes.
And how to be satisfied?
Hamlet Thunder Special.
I heard that in dying.
I did, sir.
What think'st thou,
hearing on the ground and sky conditions?
But no, it happened.
I like to pay nothing.
One hectare.
And I know someone who loves him.
.